Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Eggplant parma-BBQ!!

What does a mini BBQ and a bag of eggplant from Costco equate to? Burger BBQ time, egg themed?  Take a look at an eggplant...it's purple...and healthy...and edible...just looking at that eggplant inspired this meal... I mean, they are so pretty !  All at once my day turned into prepping food to make this bitchin' meal, a lovely BBQ supper to share with some of the best guests!
    My next brainwave, after deciding that I'd make homemade burgers was to slap some fried eggs on top of those bad boys!  Has anyone ever heard of this?  It's an amazing revelation...I'd really like to eat it in some trendy big city restaurant someday!  Speaking of big city restaraunts, this summer I got to spend some time in a culinary jungle...New York!  I ate at a trendy big city restaurant, a Hard Rock Cafe, multiple hot dog stands, and though I did not eat at one, I saw many a' foodtruck !  (just like on Eat Street!).  Perhaps I'll own one someday ;-).  An interesting sidenote, while we were dining at the one trendy big city restaraunt ( I completely forget what it was called), the waiter said something interesting...as light hearted as he meant it, I'm wondering if there was actually an air of truth to it.  As he was clearing away our plates,  he said that we must be Canadian, because we are polite enough to finish everything on our plates...or maybe he just thought we were fatty's =P !
    Anyways back to the meal, so homemade burgers with fried eggs on top, with BBQ slices and seasoned eggplant and potato skins !  My first stab at making potato skins,  which turned out to be a success, albeit with bacon bits and not real bacon.  I love those little devils so much.  And a spinach tossed salad,  because you got to eat your veggies too!

Here's how I did it:

Burgers:
2 packs of lean ground beef mushed into a bowl
4 cloves of garlic pressed garlic
1 egg and some flour to hold it all together
Worchestire sauce
mustard
garlic powder
Steak seasoning
chopped onion


-This made a tone of burgers for 4 people with lots left over!
The burgers were later BBQ'd with a special sauce I made !

Special sauce I made:
-plain BBQ as the base
-buffalo sauce
-plum sauce
-steak seasoning
-soya sauce
-and I forget what else...haha

Eggplant:
slices the egg plant with skin on
oiled both sides of each disk of eggplant
seasoned with garlic powder and wraped in tin foil to be cooked on the BBQ and then put on top of the burgers with cheese!

Potato skins:
-baked the potatoes in the oven, each wrapped in foil
-once baked, cut each in half and hollowed out most of the potato, with a nice layer left on the skin
-brushed oil and sprinkled with pepper on both sides-baked on one side for 20 mins at 400 degrees then baked on the other
-fill with grated white cheddar cheese and bacon bits and spinkle with garlic powder and back for 2 mins until cheese is melted
-add chopped green onion sprinkled on top and VOILA ! -and dipped in sour cream


Then just a plain ol' tossed salad !!

So really yummy BBQ happened. Indulge me if you will and check out the results !!


Yum !

Slainte

p.s Remember that poutine mac 'n' cheese I was talking about...that didn't happen yet, BUT I did make poutine in a bun ! It's exactly how it sounds...make it !



No comments:

Post a Comment