French Onion Soup ! If this was the soup of the day everyday and everywhere I'd be quite content....not to undermine many other soups, after all soup in general is simply heartwarming! There is just something about French Onion Soup though, perhaps the declaration of 'French' tricks your mind into assuming that the soup is going to be wonderful, like many French cuisines. Or maybe it's the delicious brainwave of actually including bread IN the soup, not on the side like a bread outcast. Although, do not get me wrong, having a dinner roll on the side of anything is a delight! French Onion Soup most likely has enhanced soupy goodness because it has its very own type of bowl (as seen above)...French Onion Soup Bowls...just would not taste the same out of a regular bowl. So with no recipe around and a natural soup craving, I decided to take a stab at this famous soup.
Here's how I did it:
-Canned beef broth
-chopped white onions
-chunks of baguette
-grated old white cheddar cheese
-oregano
-Worcestershire sauce
-pepper
-put all the ingredients evenly between two bowls, set them in the oven and baked ! (Note: yet another aspect of this soup that is amazing..it's BAKED!)
You may have realized, that the above is hardly a recipe. I recommend using your own judgement with the ingredients. Soup is one of the most fun things to be creative with ! If you have never had French Onion Soup before though, checking out a recipe is always a good backup plan. I'd recommend one to you, but I have yet to try out an actual recorded French Onion Soup recipe. This soup is also featured on many fine food establishments starter or appy menu's, so next you time you have the opportunity, take it !
A foodie Quote : "We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink, for dining alone is leading the life of a lion of a wolf" -Epicurus
Slainte
P.S I'd love to hear about any French Onion Soup recipes or amazing French Onion Soup experiences you've had while dining out !
No comments:
Post a Comment