Monday, May 7, 2012

Naughty Nacho thangs

Oh, nachos ! Always a full and simple meal in my opinion !  And my opinion is completely accurate here !  Nachos have many levels of delightfulness, from throwing chips and cheese on a plate and popping it in the microwave, eating them plain with salsa or hummus, or ordering them at a fine food establishment with a side of guacamole !  This is a photo of my effort filled shot at a pan of mouth watering nachos.
Here's how I did it:
-layered nachos and toppings and nachos and toppings and nachos then top toppings !
-nacho toppings were: mozza cheese, old white cheddar cheese, yellow/red and orange peppers, ground beef (fried first with spices), tomatoes, olives and seasoning salt
-popped them in the oven at 350 until the cheese was seductively melted all over those naughty nachos
-served with some plane ol' sour cream and salsa, and splashes of 'franks red hot' on top of the nachos

Admittedly I was the only one around at the time too eat them, but I'd re-do it all over again for company too !  Nachos are fun to make because the topping combinations are pretty endless!  It all comes down to preference, I know some people who would chuck those olives and tomatoes right off these nachos, but nonetheless a success towards my nacho repertoire.

So, anyone have a nacho craving now?  Give these a try....or let your imagination get the best of your taste buds and invent nachos of your own !

Slainte

P.S I've tried nachos a lot of places and nachos at Alexanders are divine (though you really can't go wrong, they've been great everywhere I've had the privilege to try) !But, just saying...you should probably adventure over there.

P.P.S  If you have any nacho ideas, I'd love to hear them...and make them and EAT them and report back !

1 comment:

  1. yes please.
    Right now. Looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete